The Catalyst project was funded by a Heritage Lottery Fund grant of £8,000 to help the Trust develop its capacity to grow and to support the work of the History Centre. With the help of consultants the Trust was able to look in detail at its overall strategy and purpose, improve its communications and develop its ability to seek out grant funding opportunities.
Working with all Board members the project has been hugely successful, allowing the Trust to gain a new sense of purpose and direction. It has facilitated the development of key skills of Board members.
Key successes of the project have been:
- development of a new strapline – ‘Saving Dorset’s disappearing history’
- updated website content
- production of a new membership leaflet
- provision of a permanent display about the work of the Trust at the Dorset History Centre
- better understanding of the funding opportunities for the Trust
- development of networks
- creation of a new shared organisational structure and strategy
The project will continue looking to develop:
- increased use of social media
- online payment systems
- continue developing networks
- developing grant application capability
Although the project is now completed and the HLF has received a final report, the benefits and learning derived from Catalyst have delivered long-term benefits to DAT.